How to Heat Seal a Stand Up Bag with a Flat Iron
Learn how to heat seal a stand up bag using a common household flat iron. Keep in mind, not all stand up bags are heat-sealable. The bags must have a heat-sealable laminate interior for this process to work. All Copious Bags™ products can be heat sealed.
What Do I Need?
1. Stand up bags of your choice
2. A clean, sterilized flat iron
4 Simple Steps:
1. Set the flat iron to a lower setting and adjust higher if needed*.
2. Fill the bag with desired contents (avoid getting any product into zipper area and do not over fill the bag).
3. Gently run your fingers across the zipper to close the bag securely.
4. Place the top of the bag between the paddles of the flat iron “above the tear notches’, press and hold firmly for approximately 5-10 seconds, and release.
Voila! That’s it…the bag has an air-tight, tamper evident seal.
*Please note: If the bag does not seal properly, begin to slowly adjust the temperature higher until a complete seal is achieved.
How to Open a Sealed Stand Up Bag?
1. Tear open the bag at the tear notches.
2. The bag can now be opened and re-closed with the convenient zipper closure.
Why Should I Heat Seal the Bags?
1. Provides an air-tight environment for your product.
2. Keeps food products fresher longer and adds to the shelf life.
3. Provides a tamper-evident seal.
• Heat sealing is an optional feature and is not required to use Copious Bags™ stand up pouches as they all have a re-closable zip lock closure.
• To seal a large quantity of bags, it is recommended to use a commercial impulse sealer.
Relevant Article: http://www.copiousbags.com/blog/heat-seal-a-stand-up-pouch/
Bag/Size Used in Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhL2bE94iZI
How to Seal a Stand Up Bag Using a Household Iron: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a5QfEuQ1tI
Materials Used in Video:
Kraft Window Stand Up Bag 5×8 (4 oz | 140 g): http://copiousbags.com/4oz-kraft-window-stand-up-pouch/
Retail Flat Iron
Post time: 04-21-2017